Aluminum Semi-Automatic Closers for 5 gal Pails
The semi-automatic lug type closing tool is air operated with a two-hand control unit for operator safety. This aluminum alloy semi-automatic closer is intended for closing light gauge (26-28) pails when sparking is not a concern.
Setting Head Height
- Connect the air lines and set the air pressure at 15 PSI. The head will automatically raise.
- With the head in the raised position, raise and lower the air cylinder bracket so the pail can slide under the head with about ¾” clearance.
- With a pail and lug cover under the head, disconnect air line, the head will lower onto the pail.
- Tighten the cylinder mounting bracket and set pail stop to pail.
- Connect the air line, raise air pressure to 80 psi and engage the two-hand control unit to start the crimping cycle.
- Normal operating pressure for steel lug covers is 80 – 100 psi depending on pail diameter and gauge of the pail and cover.
This product requires additional handling and should ship within 28 days.