Brass Manual Lug Type Closer for 5 gal Pails - 7650T15
Brass Manual Lug Type Closer for 5 gal Pails
Manual lug closing machines are equipped with a two-hand manual operating handle system for your protection. The wooden hand grips have been ergonomically molded to fit the fingers for a comfortable grip. This brass manual lug closer intended for use with light or heavy gauge pails if the application is required to be non-sparking. Requires a sample pail and two lids are sent for testing to ensure that the crimper will work and maintain UN standards if closing 20, 22, 24 gauges.
Setting the unit onto a lid
- Lift the tool onto a pail and lid. Make sure the lid is seated onto the curl of the pail.
- Align the jaws of the tool to the tabs of the lid.
Closing the pail
- Push the handles manually outward to actuate the links applying continued pressure until the tabs of the pail are crimped onto the lid.
- It may be necessary to turn the head and close the tabs again depending on the gauge combination of the pails and lids.
- Please note – do not push the handles too far apart or this will cause undue stress on the handle, causing it to break. Just past shoulder width is a good guide to follow.
Removing the tool
- Make sure that the handles are in the upright position and the jaws and all the pail tabs are clear.
- Lift up the tool and set to the side; preferably into a cardboard box so the jaws are not damaged or chipped.
- Requires a sample pail and two lids are sent for testing to ensure that the crimper will work and maintain UN standards.
This product requires additional handling and should ship within 28 days.
Additional Product Information:
- Container withstands autoclaving - sterilizing by achieved through high-pressure saturated steam and heat.
- Product is BPA Free: no Phthalates and no Bisphenol-A. Non-Toxic Plastic.
- BPA Non-Intent means BPA was not an intentionally added substance to the manufacturing process.
- Case Packed in a convenient re-shipper carton with carboard dividers, reducing damage and ideal for reuse.
- Child-resistant items are engineered & tested to reduce risks of children under 5 accessing harmful amount of contents, while being user-friendly for seniors.
- Dishwasher safe containers withstand high temperatures, water pressure, and detergents present in dishwashers.
- Products engineered to reduce negative environmental & economic impacts over their life cycle, from the raw materials to the final disposal.
- Constructed of FDA approved materials (FDA does not approve specific items, just materials of construction). Visit www.fda.gov for more information.
- Factory Mutual has tested & certified this product to ensure it meets rigorous loss prevention standards.
- Product is safe for storing in freezer. Prolonged freezing temperatures won't damage container.
- Product has the ability to resist degradation under extreme heat.
- Container is suitable for high pressure processing.
- Containers engineered to prevent leaks and unplanned evacuation of contents. Must be used with cap provided to ensure leakproof performance.
- Product is suitable for microwave use.
- National Sanitation Foundation certifies this product & its manufacturing process comply with standards for safety, quality, sustainability or performance.
- Product is 100% recyclable.
- A tamper-evident container has one or more barriers to entry which if missing shows visual evidence the container was tampered with.
- Packaging engineered & rigorously tested to meet government standards for the shipment of regulated substances. Consult 49 CFR for proper use & labelling.
- Product is manufactured in USA.
- US Dept. of Agriculture Approved. Visit www.usda.gov for more information.
- Product provides protection from damaging ultraviolet rays and the decaying effects it can have on sensitive materials.