Steel Manual Lug Type Closer for 5 gal Pails
Manual lug closing machines are equipped with a two-hand manual operating handle system for your protection. The wooden hand grips have been ergonomically molded to fit the fingers for a comfortable grip. This steel manual lug closer is intended for closing UN heavier gauge pails (20, 22, 24). Requires a sample pail and two lids are sent for testing to ensure that the crimper will work and maintain UN standards if closing 20, 22, 24 gauges.
Setting the unit onto a lid
- Lift the tool onto a pail and lid. Make sure the lid is seated onto the curl of the pail.
- Align the jaws of the tool to the tabs of the lid.
Closing the pail
- Push the handles manually outward to actuate the links applying continued pressure until the tabs of the pail are crimped onto the lid.
- It may be necessary to turn the head and close the tabs again depending on the gauge combination of the pails and lids.
- Please note – do not push the handles too far apart or this will cause undue stress on the handle, causing it to break. Just past shoulder width is a good guide to follow.
Removing the tool
- Make sure that the handles are in the upright position and the jaws and all the pail tabs are clear.
- Lift up the tool and set to the side; preferably into a cardboard box so the jaws are not damaged or chipped.
This product requires additional handling and should ship within 28 days.