Steel Manual Lug Type Closer for 2 gal Pails - 7650T05
Steel Manual Lug Type Closer for 2 gal Pails
Manual lug closing machines are equipped with a two-hand manual operating handle system for your protection. The wooden hand grips have been ergonomically molded to fit the fingers for a comfortable grip. This steel manual lug closer is intended for closing UN heavier gauge pails (20, 22, 24). Requires a sample pail and two lids are sent for testing to ensure that the crimper will work and maintain UN standards if closing 20, 22, 24 gauges.
Setting the unit onto a lid
- Lift the tool onto a pail and lid. Make sure the lid is seated onto the curl of the pail.
- Align the jaws of the tool to the tabs of the lid.
Closing the pail
- Push the handles manually outward to actuate the links applying continued pressure until the tabs of the pail are crimped onto the lid.
- It may be necessary to turn the head and close the tabs again depending on the gauge combination of the pails and lids.
- Please note – do not push the handles too far apart or this will cause undue stress on the handle, causing it to break. Just past shoulder width is a good guide to follow.
Removing the tool
- Make sure that the handles are in the upright position and the jaws and all the pail tabs are clear.
- Lift up the tool and set to the side; preferably into a cardboard box so the jaws are not damaged or chipped.
This product requires additional handling and should ship within 28 days.
Additional Product Information:
- Container withstands autoclaving - sterilizing by achieved through high-pressure saturated steam and heat.
- Product is BPA Free: no Phthalates and no Bisphenol-A. Non-Toxic Plastic.
- BPA Non-Intent means BPA was not an intentionally added substance to the manufacturing process.
- Case Packed in a convenient re-shipper carton with carboard dividers, reducing damage and ideal for reuse.
- Child-resistant items are engineered & tested to reduce risks of children under 5 accessing harmful amount of contents, while being user-friendly for seniors.
- Dishwasher safe containers withstand high temperatures, water pressure, and detergents present in dishwashers.
- Products engineered to reduce negative environmental & economic impacts over their life cycle, from the raw materials to the final disposal.
- Constructed of FDA approved materials (FDA does not approve specific items, just materials of construction). Visit www.fda.gov for more information.
- Factory Mutual has tested & certified this product to ensure it meets rigorous loss prevention standards.
- Product is safe for storing in freezer. Prolonged freezing temperatures won't damage container.
- Product has the ability to resist degradation under extreme heat.
- Container is suitable for high pressure processing.
- Containers engineered to prevent leaks and unplanned evacuation of contents. Must be used with cap provided to ensure leakproof performance.
- Product is suitable for microwave use.
- National Sanitation Foundation certifies this product & its manufacturing process comply with standards for safety, quality, sustainability or performance.
- Product is 100% recyclable.
- A tamper-evident container has one or more barriers to entry which if missing shows visual evidence the container was tampered with.
- Packaging engineered & rigorously tested to meet government standards for the shipment of regulated substances. Consult 49 CFR for proper use & labelling.
- Product is manufactured in USA.
- US Dept. of Agriculture Approved. Visit www.usda.gov for more information.
- Product provides protection from damaging ultraviolet rays and the decaying effects it can have on sensitive materials.